Saturday, January 24, 2009

Answering a Question Regarding the Space Science Center

Sorry to be slow answering this question. I'm sort of new to this blog format, and I didn't notice the question until recently.

An anonymous readers asks:

"I have heard from a few very reliable sources that the administration tried to move the Program of Distinction designation from IRAPP to Space Sciences but that they were blocked by CPE. Is this true?"

The CPE is not currently funding new programs of distinction. It is possible that the administration inquired about the Space Science Center becoming a program of distinction or perhaps about the future of state funding for such programs. But I don't think it is accurate to say that a request to make the Space Science Center a program of distinction was "blocked by CPE."

I hope this helps.

No comments: